Apply to Sponsor your Family to Canada - Bring your Family to Canada

Apply to Start your Canadian Sponsorship Process Today!

Canadian Sponsorship allows for Permanent Residence/Citizens to Successfully Sponsor their Spouses, Wife, Husband, Children(s) or Parents. Canada each year allows for thousands of applicants to become PR holders.

What is Canadian Immigration Sponsorship? How do I sponsor my wife and children to Canada?

1.) It allows your family member to immigrate to Canada and get permanent residence (PR).

2) It requires you, as an individual, to make a commitment to provide for basic needs and to support that person financially.

     Can I be a sponsor? To sponsor a family member, you are required to meet several requirements such as being:

    • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
    • 18 years of age or older
    • able to support the sponsored person for several years

Can I be a sponsor? To sponsor a family member, you are required to meet several requirements such as being:

      • Spouses and common-law partners
      • Dependent children
      • Parents and grandparents

        There are exceptions to this rule, however, and it may be possible to sponsor a non-immediate family member (for example, a sister, niece, or uncle) if: 

        • you do not have any other immediate family members you could sponsor, or
        • you have legally adopted them and they meet the definition of a dependent child.

Start your Process Today by Completing the Online Assessment Form.


Find out your eligibility to sponsor your family members to Canada:

Purpose of Initial Consultation:

  • Assess sponsor's eligibility
  • Review eligibility questions
  • Assist with choosing right program(s)
  • Assist with choosing right service(s)

As a sponsor, you are required to sign a Sponsorship Agreement with your sponsored family member. This is a commitment by you to provide financial support for the basic needs (food, clothing, shelter, and health needs not covered by public health services) of the person you are sponsoring.

For some types of sponsorships, you will also have to meet or exceed the Low Income Cut-off (LICO), for instance if:

  • you are sponsoring a spouse or partner who has a dependent child and that dependent child has one or more children of their own, or
  • you are sponsoring a dependent child who has one or more dependent children of their own, or
  • you are sponsoring a parent or grandparent.

You will be required to sign an "undertaking" making you legally responsible for the family member you are sponsoring. If that family member should need government social assistance, you will have to repay this money.

The undertaking will stay in effect for a period of time based on the family member you are sponsoring and will not be cancelled even if circumstances change (i.e. if the person you are sponsoring becomes a Canadian citizen, if you divorce or separate, if you have financial problems).

The length of the undertaking you will be required to sign will depend on the family member you are sponsoring and, in the case of children, their age:


Sponsored person Length of undertaking (excluding Quebec)

Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner

3 years

Dependent child

10 years, or until age 25, whichever comes first

Dependent child 22 years of age or older

3 years

Parent or grandparent

20 years

Other relative

10 years

Step 1: Ensure you meet eligibility criteria to be a sponsor.

Step 2: Ensure that the relatives you intend to sponsor meet eligibility criteria.

Step 3: You will need to apply at the federal level to the Ministry of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and, if you are a Quebec resident, at the provincial level to the Ministry of Immigration, Francization, and Integration (MIFI). You must submit your sponsorship application and the permanent residence (PR) status applications of your family members or relatives together. Once you have been deemed eligible to sponsor, your PR application will be reviewed.

Step 4: You will be required to pay the family sponsorship application fee.

Step 5: Send your application to the right address. You will find this information in the sponsorship guide that is available for download on the government website.

Spouse or Common Law-Partner Sponsorship

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada you may sponsor:

  • your spouse (you are legally married)
  • common-law partner (you are not legally married but have been living together for at least 12 months in a conjugal relationship).
  • conjugal partner (you are not legally married or in a common-law relationship and they are living outside Canada)

To be eligible for spousal or common-law partner sponsorship, you must:

  • be 18 year of age, a Canadian permanent resident living in Canada or Canadian citizen,
  • demonstrate that you can provide for the basic needs for yourself and your spouse or partner,
  • Prove your relationship with the sponsored person is genuine by providing supporting documentation.

To be eligible for spousal or common-law partner sponsorship, the sponsored person must:

  • be at least 18 years of age and not too closely related to you.

There are two types of spousal or common-law sponsorship applications:

  • Inland: The application can be made from within Canada because the person you wish to sponsor is currently in Canada. This type of sponsorship allows applicants to continue to live in Canada while their application for permanent residence is being processed.

If the application is made from within Canada, the person you are sponsoring may apply for an open work permit that would allow them to work for any employer in Canada while the sponsorship application is being processed.

It is possible for spouses or partners to come to Canada by first applying for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).

  • Outland: The application is made from abroad through an Embassy or Consulate.

In this case, the person you are sponsoring and who resides abroad will normally wait for permanent residence outside of the country but may visit you in Canada.

Dependent Child Sponsorship

You can sponsor your dependent children, whether natural or adopted, to live with you as permanent residents in Canada.

Children must meet the following definition of a dependent child to be eligible for sponsorship:

  • A child is considered a dependent if he or she is not married or in a common-law relationship and is under 22 years of age.
  • If a child is over 22 years of age, they may be considered a dependent if they have a physical or mental condition that prevents them from being able to support themselves.

To be eligible under this program, you:

  • and your child abroad must be approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to receive a visa,
  • must prove your relationship with the child you are sponsoring, either by a birth or adoption certificate.

The Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship Program (PGP) and the Super Visa Program are two programs that offer Canadian citizens and permanent residents the opportunity to bring their parents and grandparents to Canada.

To be eligible under the Parents and Grandparents Program, you must:

  • be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada,
  • be at least 18 years of age,
  • be the child or grandchild of the person(s) you are sponsoring,
  • meet the Minimum Necessary Income (MNI) required for the size of their family unit and provide Canada Revenue Agency issued notices of assessment as proof,
  • sign a sponsorship agreement that acknowledges your promise to provide for the basic needs of family member(s) for a period of 20 years,
  • sign an additional agreement if you live in Quebec.

Your spouse or common-law partner can help you meet the income requirement by co-signing the undertaking.

If a co-signer is helping you meet the MNI requirements, the co-signer must meet the same eligibility criteria as you, the sponsor. In addition, your co-signer must:

  • not be the person being sponsored,
  • have cohabited with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year.

Super Visa Program

The Super Visa program allows parents and grandparents to come to Canada on extended multiple-entry visas that can last up to 10 years in total. This program is always open, and it is possible to apply at the same time as the to PGP.

To be eligible under the Super Visa Program, you must:

  • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
  • have signed a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild,
  • have medical insurance
  • apply for the super visa from outside Canada.

In addition, your Canadian child or grandchild will have to prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income.

Our Clients

Tiana Mitchell

Bedir is great. He helped me in a case and he did with great professionalism and integrity. Highly recommend.

Tiana Mitchell

Param Kaur

Very Informative Consult. They, very patiently, spent a generous amount of time over the consultation call answering every question very diligently. Thank you! 

Param Kaur

Felipe Andreu

Surely the best immigration consultant in Toronto. If you want the best result look for the best. Bedir Ozdemir

Felipe Andreu

Yavuz Uslu

Bedir from Canada B&N has been an exceptional consultant and a wonderful person to work with. He helped my wife and I for the entire immigration process. He's responsive, efficient and well organized. But more importantly, he was genuine and honest. I would recommend her to anyone.

Yavuz Uslu

Igor Kursunova

Bedir did a fantastic job in helping through the PR card process. Highly recommend this professional group.

Igor Kursunova

Michael S

My wife and I are extremely happy with the counsel Bedir and Sumedha's provided during her Visa status adjustment.

Michael S


Do you need immigration advice?

Want professional advice? We offer competitive hourly rates to answer all your questions and concerns about immigration law and specific cases. Contact us today!
Give us a call

+1 647 765-0404


Email us at


Visit us at

2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 750 L4Z 1H8

Contact an Immigration Consultant

Our immigration consulting office understands that hiring an expert is an important decision; a decision that can impact one's life, family, business, company and future. Our consultants offer more than 6 years of experience in representation of clients across Canada in variety of immigration matters. Contact us today to speak to an immigration consultant and discuss the best route for your case.
Give us a call

+1(647) 765 04 04


Email us at


Visit us at

2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite #750 L4Z 1H8, ON Canada


Scroll to Top