Super Visa Application to Canada for Parents & Grandparents

Start Your Super Visa Process Today!

Canadian Super Visa allows for visits up to 2 years for approved parents or grandparents of Canadian Permanent Residents and Canadian Citizens.

What is an Canadian Super Visa? How long can I stay in Canada?

 The Super Visa allows eligible parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit their family in Canada for up to two years without having to renew their status. This visa allows them to enter Canada multiple times for up to 10 years.

  • As long as applicants meet the minimum income requirements, they can apply for a Super Visa for their parents. Depending on the size of their family this amount is calculated. Super Visa application cannot be made inside Canada for parents or grandparents while they are in the country.
  • The Super Visa is great for parents and grandparents living in countries that require a VISA or Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for entry to Canada. By obtaining the super visa, they will be able to travel whiteout issue between Canada and their home country without the worry and constantly re-applying for a TRV.
  • Process is similar to a TRV or Visa to Canada. However, does require additional steps as the parents will be staying in Canada for longer. Those who don't require a TRV to enter Canada, may also apply using the same application process. Instead of being issued a visa, however, they will be given an official letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that will authorize their visit for up to two years at their initial entry.

Start your Process Today by Completing the Online Assessment Form.


Find out your eligibility for Canadian Super Visa for your parents:

Purpose of Initial Consultation:

  • Assess your eligibility
  • Review eligibility questions
  • Assist with choosing right program(s)
  • Assist with choosing right service(s)

The application process is similar to that for a regular TRV. However, additional documentation is required to ensure that the parents and grandparents will be well supported during their time in Canada. This requirement includes:

  • A letter of invitation from the child or grandchild residing in Canada;
  • Documents that prove the child or grandchild meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) minimum (see table below);
  • Proof of parental relationship with child or grandchild, such as a birth certificate that names him or her as a parent; and
  • Proof of medical insurance coverage for at least one year with a Canadian insurance company.

The application should be processed at the Canadian visa office responsible for the applicant’s place of residence outside of Canada. Depending on the visa office, additional documentation may be needed.

The complete application will be assessed with regard to a number of factors. The purpose of the visit to Canada will be examined, as well as whether parents or grandparents will maintain sufficient ties to their home country. This can be illustrated by showing family ties, finances, and other connections that lie outside of Canada.

All Super Visa applicants will be required to undergo a medical examination. Forms and instructions for this examination will be issued by the visa office after the application has been submitted.

To qualify for a Super Visa, the child or grandchild who is inviting their parents or grandparents will need to prove that their household meets the required minimum necessary income. This proof may consist of the following documents:

  • Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year;
  • Employment Insurance stubs;
  • An employment letter including salary and date of hiring;
  • Pay stubs; or 
  • bank statements.

Minimum Necessary Income (MNI) requirements

Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary income
1 person (your child or grandchild) $25,921
2 persons $32,270
3 persons $39,672
4 persons $48,167
5 persons $54,630
6 persons $61,613
7 or more $68,598
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,985

Super Visa Program

The Super Visa program allows parents and grandparents to come to Canada on extended multiple-entry visas that can last up to 10 years in total. This program is always open, and it is possible to apply at the same time as the to PGP.

To be eligible under the Super Visa Program, you must:

  • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
  • have signed a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild,
  • have medical insurance
  • apply for the super visa from outside Canada.

In addition, your Canadian child or grandchild will have to prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income.

Our Clients

Tiana Mitchell

Bedir is great. He helped me in a case and he did with great professionalism and integrity. Highly recommend.

Tiana Mitchell

Param Kaur

Very Informative Consult. They, very patiently, spent a generous amount of time over the consultation call answering every question very diligently. Thank you! 

Param Kaur

Felipe Andreu

Surely the best immigration consultant in Toronto. If you want the best result look for the best. Bedir Ozdemir

Felipe Andreu

Yavuz Uslu

Bedir from Canada B&N has been an exceptional consultant and a wonderful person to work with. He helped my wife and I for the entire immigration process. He's responsive, efficient and well organized. But more importantly, he was genuine and honest. I would recommend her to anyone.

Yavuz Uslu

Igor Kursunova

Bedir did a fantastic job in helping through the PR card process. Highly recommend this professional group.

Igor Kursunova

Michael S

My wife and I are extremely happy with the counsel Bedir and Sumedha's provided during her Visa status adjustment.

Michael S


Do you need immigration advice?

Want professional advice? We offer competitive hourly rates to answer all your questions and concerns about immigration law and specific cases. Contact us today!
Give us a call

+1 647 765-0404


Email us at


Visit us at

2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 750 L4Z 1H8

Contact an Immigration Consultant

Our immigration consulting office understands that hiring an expert is an important decision; a decision that can impact one's life, family, business, company and future. Our consultants offer more than 6 years of experience in representation of clients across Canada in variety of immigration matters. Contact us today to speak to an immigration consultant and discuss the best route for your case.
Give us a call

+1(647) 765 04 04


Email us at


Visit us at

2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite #750 L4Z 1H8, ON Canada


Scroll to Top